Netball Skills Camps I FAQS
Frequently Asked Questions - Netball Skills Camps
How do I contact the organisers?
You can contact us by the following methods:
- Phone or Text Emma Warner on 07977 018 595
- By email at email@example.com
- Our facebook page @mgnetball
We have a strict COVID secure policy. Our guidelines are at the bottom of this page.
How do I find the Netball Club?
The Netball club is co-located with Marston Green Tennis Club, 52 Elmdon Road, Marston Green, B37 7BS. The entrance is set back from the main road opposite the memorial garden (look for the large clock) on Elmdon Road. The entrance is down a gravel lane between two large white houses. You will see tennis courts and the club house at the end of the gravel lane.
What time do you start and finish?
Drop off from 0830. Children are welcome to bring their own breakfast as we have kitchen facilities and we will provide milk. We have a prompt finish at 1730. Please ensure that you collect your child before this time.
Our netball skills training starts at 1000 and finishes at 1500. Please let us know what time you will be dropping and collecting your child.
How much does it cost?
We charge £25 for a one day session and £110 for all 4 days.
What payment options are there?
We prefer online payment, however, if you would like to pay by another method please contact us.
Is there a booking deadline?
Each camp has a deadline for booking and payment. Please refer to the specific camp to see booking deadlines.
What if I have to cancel?
Up to 14 days before the camp starts you are eligible for a full refund. Up to 48 hours before the camp starts you are eligible for a voucher (for the full amount) to be used at one of our future netball camps. Refunds or vouchers will be not be possible if cancellation occurs less than 48 hours before the camp starts.
How old does my child need to be?
Our camps cater for ages 9 - 15.
What should my child wear?
Your child should wear sports clothing, comfortable trainers with a good grip and also come with a wet weather option. Please note that we do not allow children to wear jewellery and nails should be short.
Will there be registration forms?
We have registration forms for every child with emergency contact details, any medical information and other essential details. We adhere to GDPR and all contact details are held in confidence. We do not post on social media or take photography without parental consent.
We have a strict procedure for signing in children and signing out. We must know in advance who is authorised to collect your child.
What happens at breakfast and afternoon club?
The clubhouse provides a safe and secure environment for children to have breakfast, enjoy arts & crafts and socialise. During COVID restrictions, seating will be provided outdoors, please ensure your child brings warm clothing.
Can I observe or visit my child at camp?
Parents are unable to stay to spectate due to COVID restrictions. Furthermore due to our safeguarding policy, adults are unable to stay during the netball skills camp.
What happens if there is an emergency?
We will contact you direct immediately. We request that you leave at least two contact numbers with us in case of an emergency.
Do you have first aiders?
Yes, we have qualified first aiders on site at all times.
What if my child requires medication whilst at camp?
Please notify the organisers in advance if your child has specific medical requirements. We ask that parents administer any medicine before arrival.
Is lunch provided?
Please provide a suitable pack lunch for your child, including a water bottle which can be filled up on site throughout the day.
What if my child has any special dietary requirements?
If your child has any allergies please notify us once you have received your booking confirmation, especially if we need to inform other parents (e.g. nut allergy).
Are the netball coaches qualified and DBS checked?
Our coaches are qualified through Netball England. All our coaches and assistants are DBS checked.
What policies do you have?
The following policies are on our noticeboard at the Netball Club House
- Safeguarding Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Netball Club Constitution
What is your policy on discipline and behaviour?
This is included in our Safeguarding Policy. We do not tolerate any discrimination, bullying or bad behaviour. If you would like to raise a concern, please speak to our organisers.
What is the ratio of adults to children?
We allow for a maximum of 10 children per Netball Coach (or Coaching Assistant)
Do you have insurance?
A copy of our insurance policy is available to read at the Netball Club House.
- Please DO NOT attend training or Netball Camp if you have any symptoms of COVID 19.
- We have a strict drop of & pick up procedure (spectators are not allowed)
- Upon arrival please wait at the highlighted area to get your temperature taken.
- Attendees will be allocated into groups with a maximum capacity of 15 in a bubble.
- Please remain within theses bubbles when on & off the netball court. Bubbles are unable to interact.
- Maintain a safe social distance when you are not on the netball court.
- When entering the clubhouse facilities please follow the one way system. Doors are clearly marked for Entrance & Exit.
- You will also be required to wear a mask when entering the clubhouse.
- Please ensure you have signed the track & trace book or scanned your QR Code upon arrival.
- Sanitise hands regularly (provided).
- Balls & equipment will be cleaned regularly throughout sessions.
- Bibs are unable to be shared - alternatives will be provided & cleaned after every session.
- Clubhouse toilets are available to use - on a one in one out basis.
- All attendees will be required to sign out before collection at the end of every day.